Camp Directors/ Camp Owners
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Always smiling and keeping an upbeat attitude!
- Overseeing the waterfront lake and pier (Guarding from chair, walking the beach, etc.)
- Maintaining a constant awareness of swimmers, the beach, boaters, people with floats, the pool, etc.
- Practicing lifeguard skills while at camp (Watercraft/Camper rescue).
- Knowledge of basic first aid & C.P.R.
- Bringing guarding equipment out each morning and making sure to return it at the end of each day.
- Assisting in the execution of certain activities and events, dealing with the water or waterfront.
- Execution of basic instruction of boat use, and boat trips.
- Being in a uniform or a swimsuit that makes you readily identifiable as a lifeguard.
- Helping to keep the beach area neat, clean and free of any hazards.
- Enforcing all beach rules.
- Forming and leading a water search & rescue when necessary.
- Learning the basic facilities, layout of camp, and the communication system in the event of an emergency.
- Be familiar with phone locations, first aid stations, information stations, etc.
- Responsible for acting in a professional, safe manner at all times.
- Adherence to all rules, regulations, and policies set by the camp.
- Responsible for other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 15 years of age
- American Red Cross Certification in Advanced Life Saving
- Current CPR certificate
- A waterway safety instructor certificate (WSI)
- Previous experience working with disabled children is a plus
- Pass Drug Test