We Love Our Volunteers!
Volunteers are the backbone of Camp Wamp. They are the heroes of the day to our campers who get to experience physical activities they never imagined they could do, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our volunteers.
Volunteer Opportunities for Everyone
Take a look at all the ways you can help provide a safe, wholesome camping experience for individuals with physical disabilities:
- Host an activity for our campers
- Help with campground maintenance
- Volunteer for a special event
- Assist in our office
- Join our counselor-in-training program
Share a talent or skill (arts & crafts, music, sports, cooking to name a few).
Counselor in Training
Our Counselor-In-Training Program and Junior Counselor Program are for volunteers looking to make a longer commitment to be part of our ongoing staff of summer counselors.
The program provides all the training needed to become a dedicated Camp Wamp camp counselor. The programs are also designed to encourage our own campers to return to be on our staff once they aged out of camp. We hope campers will want to return to continue spending summers here and share their experiences with younger campers.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Stay overnight or commute. Meals are provided.
- Volunteer sessions are Saturday morning through Friday afternoon.
- Training provided.
- Must be fun, kind, energetic, responsible, and sensitive to the needs of the children in your care.
Former campers are welcome and encouraged to volunteer!